Family can be defined as a group of people united by certain convictions or a common affiliation. At Athens Regional, our family is made up of individuals coming together to improve the lives and health of those we touch. It’s more than words on paper … it’s who we are and what we believe.
Human Resources reaches out to new employees after their orientation to ask for feedback on the orientation process and to ensure employees are acclimating. We were delighted with the feedback we received from a Registered Nurse new to our nursing team. This nurse has worked in other large hospitals in the Northeast Georgia area so she has experience with other cultures and systems. She complimented our administration and staff for living the culture.
Consider working with us. Not because of a slogan or a tag line, but because we practice what we preach. Not because we have to but because we WANT to.
Feedback from a newly hired Athens Regional Registered Nurse:
I felt very welcomed. The culture we have at ARMC to smile and say hello really makes a difference. I also feel very comfortable in my role and supported by the various units as well as by my managers. I also feel welcomed and appreciated when I go on the units. I’ve been the beneficiary of the extra set of hands that a relief nurse provides, and I always made it a point to say THANK YOU. I love to help and I know the nurses appreciate me,and our patients have the benefit of having a nurse who has fewer patients and can therefore better attend to her charges.
What stands out about ARMC the most is that our people believe and embrace our philosophy.
We want to work in a place where we feel happy, safe, and cared for, and we want our patients and guests to feel happy, safe, and cared for. So that’s what we do – we work hard, we take care of each other, and that ripples out into our patients and our community.
Would you recommend us to others in your profession? I would, I have, and I do! ARMC is a great place to work, and I can feel the team mindset here. I also feel that there is a more accepting and teaching feel; I think it’s great that they pour so much time into new employees! Employees take ownership for our reputation, and that says a lot about the people we hire AND the people we choose as leaders. The benefits are comprehensive and competitive with other health systems in our area, too, and our commitment to explore and execute new ways of serving our community – both from a medical and from an administrative standpoint – is commendable.
A few of our current openings include:
- Night RN working 7pm-7am on our Nurse Residency Unit. If precepting new nurses and teaching them the nursing profession is your passion this unit is for you!
- Weekend option position available in our Cardiology unit. Work Saturday and Sunday from 7am-7pm and enjoy 5 days off during the week. Extra differentials paid to weekend option nurses!
- Day position available! Work 7am-7pm 3 days per week on our Pulmonary Unit.
- If Oncology is your calling we have a home for you. A Full time, 7pm-7am position now available.
- If 12-hour shifts aren’t for you try our Staffing/Float pool and work 11pm-7am.
- At 24 hours per week you can still reap the benefit of earning paid time off and qualify for some benefits! Work 2 nights per week and earn benefits. Join the Staffing/Float Pool team.
Please join us at our RN Open House on Wednesday, Aug. 31 and learn more about our team, our departments, our openings and our FAMILY.